Alabam - Cowboy Copas

Alabam
 

Written By: Cowboy Copas

Alabam Lyrics

Well I went to a turkey roast down the street
The people down there eat like wild geese
I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam

Talk about yer people have a whale of a time
Eatin' up chicken' and drinkin' their wine
I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam

Now some folks say a tramp won't steal
But I caught three in my corn field
I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam

One had a bushel and the other had a peck
One had a roast'n' ear tied round his neck
I'm on my way, I'm goin back to Alabam

There comes Sal walkin' down the street
With run down shoes tied to her feet
Good Mornin', honey, stand over there, baby
Get over there, now

Hello Sal, I know you
With a run down slipper and a tore up shoe
I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam'

When I get ready to leave this earth
I'm gonna look on my money's worth
I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam
I'm goin back to Alabam

Alabam Singers

1. Cowboy Copas (Billboard hit 1960) (First recording on February 5, 1960) May 1960
Cowboy Copas

2. Pat Boone October 1960 3. Hillbilly Five 1964 4. The Johnny Mann Singers 1964 5. Jim & Jesse and The Virginia Boys April 1965 6. Red Sovine & Minnie Pearl August 1966 7. Lynn Anderson August 1970 8. Brush Arbor 1976 9. Grandpa Jones June 12, 1978 10. Alan Munde & Country Gazette April 1991 11. The Tuttles with A.J. Lee June 3, 2013 12. Ronnie Bowman with Del McCoury & Bobby Bare November 8, 2019



Click Image to Go:

Share this song with your friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment